English / HaSS Secondary Teacher
Australian Christian College (ACC) is a protestant non-denominational, Christian Education organisation, whose mission is to develop each and every student to be equipped spiritually, academically, socially and physically to flourish into their full potential, and be a positive influence on the world around them. ACC is wholeheartedly committed to excellence in education so that students are “well known, well loved, and well taught” by dedicated trained Christian staff.
ACC is part of Christian Education Ministries, with 11 schools in 5 states, and is also the largest non-government Distance Education provider in Australia.
Our Launceston Campus in Tasmania is a K-10 co-ed Christian school. While the school community is small, the growth over the past five years has been strong as is the school’s learning environment and culture.
See a video of the Principal giving insight into the school here
About the role
Due to increasing enrolments, ACC Launceston invites applications from suitably qualified teachers for the role of English and Humanities teacher. For the right applicant, there may be an opportunity for increasing FTE with additional teaching subjects in other learning areas.
This fixed term (Jan-Dec 2023) position is part-time (0.6FTE) and is expected to start 19 January 2023.
- You have a servant heart and vibrant Christian faith.
- You are motivated, able, and willing to contribute to the overall school improvement and culture with a focus on skill development and problem solving.
- You set and maintain high behaviour expectations in the classroom which allows all students to learn.
- You are highly organised with focus on time management to meet planning expectations.
- You are highly confident in the use of technology as a tool for learning and with learning management systems.
- You are able to build a protective, loving and caring classroom community where every student succeeds, being highly empathetic and able to consider the needs of families.
- You have the capacity and willingness to stretch into other teaching roles with provided support.
- Work with a dedicated Christian team.
- Be part of a faith community that shares regular devotions and prayer.
- Play an active part in growing the school and providing quality Christian education to students in need.
How to Apply
Only applicants who apply via the link below will be considered: