Physical Education Teacher
Australian Christian College (ACC) is a protestant non-denominational, Christian Education organisation, whose mission is to develop each and every student to be equipped spiritually, academically, socially and physically to flourish into their full potential, and be a positive influence on the world around them. ACC is wholeheartedly committed to excellence in education so that students are “well known, well loved, and well taught” by dedicated trained Christian staff.
ACC is part of Christian Education Ministries, with 11 schools in 5 states, and is also the largest non-government Distance Education provider in Australia.
About Darling Downs
Our Darling Downs campus in Hilbert is a K-7, co-educational Christian school that is blessed with a spacious and modern campus, set in peaceful and semi-rural surroundings. While the school community is currently small, the learning culture is strong and the potential to grow the school is great. Secondary year groups are being added each year until K-12 is catered for.
We’re praying for the right staff to come and join our team, and we’re thankful that you would consider our College as a place where you will have meaningful relationships and do meaningful work.
We would encourage you to learn more about our College to see if you might be a good fit for our vision and culture (see video). In addition to our College website, you can learn more about our staff culture by downloading a copy of the ACC Way.
About the role
We are seeking applications from qualified teachers in PE and Sport. Successful candidates will inspire P-8 students in their learning, have solid organisational skills and be eager to work with a team of experienced teachers.
We have embedded a whole school social and emotional program, and actively promote Student Attributes which prepare our students for future success.
This part-time (0.2FTE) position (15.2 hours per fortnight) will commence Term 1 2023.
- You have suitable qualifications and experience in a variety of sports and health promotion.
- You possess a capacity to coordinate a growing school with a hands-on approach.
- You’re highly motivated and able to build the school enrolment.
- You’re confident in the use of technology.
- You have a servant heart and vibrant Christian faith.
- You will have a dynamic and outgoing personality.
- You will be highly organised with strong project management skills.
- You’re able to motivate, lead, and champion students to develop a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- You’ll thrive when working collaboratively and when given the opportunity to show initiative.
- You will have a great attention to detail.
- Work with a dedicated Christian team.
- Be part of a faith community that shares regular devotions and prayer.
- Play an active part in growing the school and providing quality Christian education to students in need.
How to Apply
Only applicants who apply via the link below will be considered: