Secondary English Teacher
Australian Christian College (ACC) is a protestant non-denominational, Christian Education organisation, whose mission is to develop each and every student to be equipped spiritually, academically, socially and physically to flourish into their full potential, and be a positive influence on the world around them. ACC is wholeheartedly committed to excellence in education so that students are “well known, well loved, and well taught” by dedicated trained Christian staff.
ACC is part of Christian Education Ministries, with 11 schools in 5 states, and is also the largest non-government Distance Education provider in Australia.
About ACC Marsden Park
The College is located in the thriving North West growth corridor of Sydney in a semi-rural setting and is experiencing sustained growth. The area has been targeted for fast-tracked development and the school has an exciting strategic plan in place.
ACC Marsden Park is a K-12, co-educational, Christian school located in North-West Sydney. We are an actively growing school with an exciting future. In 2023, over 1000 students will be learning with us on-campus and over 600 students will be learning via our Distance Education program for a total enrolment of 1600 students.
We’re praying for the right staff to come and join our team, and we’re thankful that you would consider our College as a place where you will have meaningful relationships and do meaningful work.
We would encourage you to learn more about our College to see if you might be a good fit for our vision and culture (see video). In addition to our College website, you can learn more about our staff culture by downloading a copy of the ACC Way and watch a recorded interview with our Principal (below).
Episode 1 - Introducing Brendan Corr & ACC Marsden Park
Episode 2 - The 2022 Update
This full time position is expected to start 18 January 2023.
As a learning community, we have been influenced by:
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown
- Leadership & Self-Deception by the Arbinger Institute
- Classroom Behaviour by Dr Bill Rogers
- Explicit Direct Instruction & Project-Based Learning
- High Tech High in San Diego, USA
- Michaela Community School in London, England
About the role
- Living out your faith in a Christian school community
- Contribute to the holistic care and welfare of students
- Ability to engage and use a Learning Management System (Canvas) to support learning in the classroom and/or to provide learning via Distance Education.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic Teacher
- Exemplary Classroom practitioner
- Excellent understanding of NSW curriculum and programming skills
- Create an exciting and vibrant learning environment
- Highest standards of professionalism, flexible and has the ability to work within teams across 7-12
- Work with a dedicated Christian team.
- Be part of a faith community that shares regular devotions and prayer.
- Play an active part in growing the school and providing quality Christian education to students in need.
How to Apply
Only applicants who apply via the link below will be considered: