Australian Christian College (ACC) is a protestant non-denominational, Christian Education organisation, whose mission is to develop each and every student to be equipped spiritually, academically, socially and physically to flourish into their full potential, and be a positive influence on the world around them. ACC is wholeheartedly committed to excellence in education so that students are “well known, well loved, and well taught” by dedicated trained Christian staff.
ACC is part of Christian Education Ministries, with 11 schools in 5 states, and is also the largest non-government Distance Education provider in Australia.
About Darling Downs
Our Darling Downs campus in Hilbert is a K-7, co-educational Christian school that is blessed with a spacious and modern campus, set in peaceful and semi-rural surroundings. While the school community is currently small, the learning culture is strong and the potential to grow the school is great. Secondary year groups are being added each year until K-12 is catered for.
We’re praying for the right staff to come and join our team, and we’re thankful that you would consider our College as a place where you will have meaningful relationships and do meaningful work.
We would encourage you to learn more about our College to see if you might be a good fit for our vision and culture (see video). In addition to our College website, you can learn more about our staff culture by downloading a copy of the ACC Way.
This full time position will commence January 2023.
About the role
In recent years we have adopted a robust approach to teaching and learning. Our teachers are expected to fully embrace an explicit instruction approach to teaching, welcome regular feedback on their lessons, and to engage positively in professional coaching. We are confident you will become a better teacher as a result of working with us.
We have embedded a whole school social and emotional program, and actively promote Student Attributes which prepare our students for future success.
We are looking for a full time teacher to work with Y3/4 students in their learning, have solid organisational skills and be eager to work closely with a team of experienced teachers.
- You have a servant heart and an active, vibrant Christian faith.
- You have suitable qualifications and experience.
- You have an excellent understanding of the WA curriculum, National Quality Standards and programming skills.
- You possess the capacity and willingness to work with others to devise strategies that help improve student learning.
- You’re committed to displaying excellent teaching as described in the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
- You’re confident in the use of technology.
- You have a willingness to use your skills and interests to further enrich our extra-curricular program.
- You’ll thrive when working collaboratively and when given the opportunity to show initiative.
- You’re excited about our vision and will add value to our team and community culture.
- Work with a dedicated Christian team.
- Be part of a faith community that shares regular devotions and prayer.
- Play an active part in growing the school and providing quality Christian education to students in need.
How to Apply
Only applicants who apply via the link below will be considered: