Intentional learning Authentic relationships
ACC Singleton is a PreK-12, co-educational, Christian school located in the Hunter Valley of New South Wales.
Discover what’s unique here by watching our parents discuss the school.
Please attend our Kindy Explore Morning on Wednesday 29th September
We have a plan for your child's learning
Your child can thrive in his or her learning at ACC Singleton, so that they’re well-prepared and resourced for adult life. This is achieved by developing a clear plan for your child’s learning.
This plan is built on a foundation of:
- a research-backed teaching method that is characterised by well-planned, engaging and well-delivered lessons;
- a robust teacher improvement model where, every week, school leaders observe teaching and provide constructive and directive feedback to teachers that drives further improvements; and
- a well-structured system of screening and assessing student performance in a timely and regular manner to make sure teachers are informed about the ongoing progress of student learning.
ACC students are continually challenged and unconditionally loved. Our students have teachers who notice them, ask about their interests, listen to them, laugh with them and believe in them. ACC students are well known, well loved and well taught by teachers who want the very best for them.
Hear from our Principal
Growing every student’s personal character
We are passionate about investing into the growth of student’s personal character. As soon as a new student starts at ACC Singleton teachers seek to get to know the individual. Staff establish an authentic, positive and transparent relationship with parents and take the responsibility of partnering with the family in the development of the whole child seriously.
Young people should emerge from school able to empathise with people, to understand the nuances of social interaction, to stretch beyond what’s considered normal in the pursuit of a goal and to approach challenges with courage.
We all know that people of deep and rich personal character are resilient, humble, self-controlled and compassionate. At ACC Singleton we teach our students about personal character in line with ourStudent Attributes. Our staff also seek to model these attributes and call students to a high standard of behaviour.View our Student Attributes
This is a place where young people thrive
Young people thrive when they are well known, well loved and well taught.
Students want teachers who notice them, ask about their interests, listen to them, laugh with them and believe in them. Positive and authentic relationships are the bedrock of our school community and are instrumental to improving student learning outcomes.
We want our students to know how uniquely gifted they are, how to manage their thoughts and feelings, and what they can do with their gifts and abilities.
Our teachers speak words of life and hope as they work with students to unlock their potential and equip them with the right skills to thrive in a technologically complex world.
Hear our Principal's vision for the school
A great value education for parents who want more for their children
For the parent who wants more, ACC offers a great education for less. We are mindful of the impact of a school education on a family’s budget and so we aim to be financially efficient.
Australian Christian College is a not-for-profit organisation with any extra revenue generated invested back into the school. To maximise affordability we provide multi-sibling discounts and payment plans in addition to our already low fees.
Two payment options are available: (1) pay in full upfront before commencement of the school year or at time of enrolment, (2) Pay in 10 equal monthly instalments. Please note this second option is not available to new enrolments who are joining the school after the start of Term 3.
School Fees are payable as per the Fee Payment Form. If more than two dishonoured payments occur in a calendar year, a $20 administration fee may be charged for each dishonour. If payments continue to be dishonoured, the account will be referred to school management.
At least six term weeks notice in writing is required for withdrawal of students. Insufficient notice may result in additional fees being charged.
Please enter the year levels of each child you are planning on enrolling:
ACC supports Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) by incorporating Apple devices at our schools. This document outlines the Hardware, Software and Application requirements for students on their IPADS.
iPad Hardware - Prep to Year 4
Anyone of the following iPad models is suitable to the BYOD program:
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (4th generation)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 11.0 -inch iPad Pro(2nd Generation)
- 11.0 -inch iPad Pro(1st Generation)
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air 3 (3rd Generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (8th generation - will only have the IPAD OS 14 - see note below)
Please note: iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, 3, 4 or 5th Generation devices are not accepted by NAPLAN due to the compatibility of the lockdown browser.
- For those students completing ACER or NAPLAN testing, headphones are required in addition to the device.
- It is advised that a suitable IPAD case or cover (No larger than 23CM in total width, for classroom management) should be purchased to protect the device.
TIP: If your child is starting at Year 4, consider transitioning to a Macbook Air for a cost-benefit to your family for the following year in Year 5.
All Ipads are required to a few apps installed and managed by ACC parents. Parents will need to set up an Apple ID to facilitate downloading these apps and maintain app updates during their students time in P to 4.
ACC supports Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) by incorporating Apple devices at our schools. This document outlines the Hardware, Software and Application requirements for students on their Macbooks.
MacBook AIR or PRO 13-Inch - Mid 2012 model or Newer
- 1.8GHz Processor or higher
- 128GB Storage or higher
- 4GB RAM or higher
NOTE: MACOS 11 (BIG SUR) was released November 12th 2020 and will support Macbook Air mid-2013 or newer.
- For those students completing ACER or NAPLAN testing, headphones with a 3.5inch jack input are required in addition to the device. No wearable technology is allowed during exams.
- It is advised that a suitable case or cover should also be purchased to protect the device.
- If purchasing a MacBook Air or PRO 2019/2020 with the USB-C ports, its recommended a USB-C to USB adapter be purchased to ensure compatibility with the older USB type connection.
All Macbooks are required to have the following software applications installed and managed by the student and parent. Parents will need to set up an Apple ID to facilitate the maintenance of any extra Apple app and OS updates to these devices, during the students time in Years 5 to 12.
Please ensure all devices have the following software installed as a minimum requirement.
Parents will also need to exclude the following apps from any Screen time or Parental control restrictions where possible, to ensure each application works during school hours.
Click option for device software.
ACC has partnered with JB HIFI to assist our families with competitive Apple pricing, along with offering optional accessories for the device choice and extended warranty coverage.
Contact the school for access codes