Primary Teacher (PT)
Australian Christian College (ACC) is a national brand with eleven schools in five states. The ACC school network is the largest non-government distance education provider in Australia. Southlands consists of a secondary school, primary school, and works alongside an early-childhood centre, SmartPlay.
ACC Southlands is a growing school community located in Albany WA. In the most beautiful area of Australia, we are focused on sustainably stewarding God’s creation. We have a heart that all students will be well known, well loved, and well taught. This is at the centre of all we do.
About the role
An opportunity exists to join a fast growing school where employment opportunities will exist now and into the future as we go from composite classes to straight streams in the primary school. You will have the opportunity to work in a committed Christian team, regularly collaborating on various programs.
In the primary school, the pedagogical approach is of an Explicit Direct Instruction nature for literacy and numeracy and an inquiry based approach for all other subjects. You will also have the opportunity to grow in the use of programs such as PLD spelling, Talk4Writing, MultiLit, and Brightpath.
This part-time position is expected to start immediately.
- You have suitable qualifications.
- You have a growth mindset
- You’re confident in the use of technology.
- You have a servant heart and vibrant Christian faith.
- You will be highly organised.
- You’ll thrive when working collaboratively and when given the opportunity to show initiative.
- You meet the requirements of any relevant Public Health Order.
- Work with a dedicated Christian team.
- Be part of a faith community that shares regular devotions and prayer.
- Be on the ground floor of a dynamic, growing school.
How to Apply
Only applicants who apply via the link below will be considered: