Australian Christian College (ACC) is a protestant non-denominational, Christian Education organisation, whose mission is to develop each and every student to be equipped spiritually, academically, socially and physically to flourish into their full potential, and be a positive influence on the world around them. ACC is wholeheartedly committed to excellence in education so that students are “well known, well loved, and well taught” by dedicated trained Christian staff.
ACC is part of Christian Education Ministries, with 12 schools in 5 states, and is also the largest non-government Distance Education provider in Australia.
ACC Singleton (ACCS) is located in the beautiful Hunter Valley region of New South Wales with easy access to the city of Newcastle. Offering programs from Prep to Year 12, ACCS continues to experience sustained growth.
It is a very exciting time to join our team.
About the role
We are seeking applications from qualified Mathematics, English, Science and HSIE teachers who are enthusiastic, have excellent interpersonal skills and a strong commitment to Christian schooling. Successful candidates will join a competent, supportive and fun secondary teaching team. Over the next five years our student enrolment will grow from 350 to 650 students, so there are considerable opportunities for teachers to contribute to growth, improvement and leadership.
These positions are expected to start in January 2024.
- You have suitable teaching qualifications
- You possess a capacity and willingness to work with others to devise strategies that help improve student learning.
- You’re committed to displaying excellent teaching as described in the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
- You’re willing to receive feedback on your teaching and implement changes.
- You’re passionate about building grit and rigour into the lives of young people.
- You’re excited about our vision and will add value to our staff and community culture.
- You have an active Christian faith and hold a valid WWCC.
- A reduced teaching load in your first year
- A coach who will help you improve and develop your skills
- A mentor who will help you settle in to our school
- The ACC national group of schools is a large and growing organisation with a stable revenue base
- The role is based in the beautiful Hunter Valley with its wineries, green rolling hills and lower cost of living.
How to Apply
Only applicants who apply via the link below will be considered: