HSIE / English Teacher
Australian Christian College (ACC) is a protestant non-denominational, Christian Education organisation, whose mission is to develop each and every student to be equipped spiritually, academically, socially and physically to flourish into their full potential, and be a positive influence on the world around them. ACC is wholeheartedly committed to excellence in education so that students are “well known, well loved, and well taught” by dedicated trained Christian staff.
ACC is part of Christian Education Ministries, with 11 schools in 5 states, and is also the largest non-government Distance Education provider in Australia.
ACC Singleton (ACCS) is located in the beautiful Hunter Valley region of New South Wales. Offering programs from Prep to Year 12, ACCS has been operating for 10+ years.
About the role
Our school has tripled in size over the past five years, and It is a very exciting time to join the secondary team. We commence double streaming the secondary school in 2023 after already establishing our status as a top achieving school in the area. We have a clear vision focussed on building a reputation for excellent teaching that gets results and for building relationships that help students thrive.
We seek applications from qualified teachers who are eager to contribute to our ongoing growth and, most importantly, further improvements in our students’ literacy performance. Our secondary teachers are expected to fully embrace our approach to teaching, welcome regular feedback on their lessons, and engage positively in professional coaching. We are confident you will become a better teacher as a result of working with us.
This full-time position will commence as soon as possible.
- You have suitable qualifications and experience.
- You possess the capacity and willingness to work with others to devise strategies that help improve student learning.
- You’re committed to displaying excellent teaching as described in the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
- You’re confident in the use of technology.
- You have a servant heart and vibrant Christian faith.
- You have a willingness to use your skills and interests to further enrich our extra-curricular program.
- You’re excited about our vision and will add value to our team and community culture.
- You have an active Christian faith.
- You hold a valid and current WWCC
- Work with a dedicated Christian team.
- Be part of a faith community that shares regular devotions and prayer.
- Play an active part in growing the school and providing quality Christian education to students.
How to Apply
Only applicants who apply via the link below will be considered: