Australian Christian College - Singleton (ACCS) is located in the beautiful Hunter Valley region of New South Wales. Offering programs from Prep to Year 12, ACCS has been operating for nine years.
Due to the recent growth in student numbers, it is a very exciting time to join our small school. We have a clear vision focussed on building a reputation for excellent teaching that gets results and for building relationships that help students thrive.
ACCS is part of a national brand with nine schools in five states.
About this role
In recent years we have embedded a robust approach to teaching and learning. Teachers at the College are expected to fully embrace an explicit instruction approach to teaching, welcome regular feedback on their lessons and to engage positively in professional coaching.
We are passionate about helping students thrive. Whilst academic progress is of high importance, supporting our students in their social and emotional development is key to their health and wellbeing.
The successful candidate will support, encourage and inspire students in their learning and in their personal lives. They will have a refined capacity to build positive and trusting relationships and be eager to work closely with a team of experienced teachers.
This part-time position (2 days pw) will commence in January 2021. The role will include some out of school hours and involvement in the College Camping Program.
The school Chaplain will:
- supervise Chapel services and assembly programme which includes organizing speakers and student helpers;
- liaise with parents, staff and students in regarding student wellbeing and advise the College Principal of at-risk students;
- communicate and behave in a professional manner in accordance with College vision and aims;
- ensure that all parents, students and the community receive a caring and welcoming service at all times;
- review and implement changes to the chaplain service to meet changing needs;
- collaborate with external counsellors and youth support workers;
- be willing and able to initiate and contribute to student and staff wellbeing strategies and programs.
- You’re passionate about building grit and rigour into the lives of young people.
- You’re excited about our vision and will add value to our team and community culture.
- You have an active Christian faith.
- You hold a valid WWCC.
- Work with a dedicated team as part of a close community.
- The ACC national group of schools is a large and growing organisation with a stable revenue base.
- This role is based in the beautiful Hunter Valley with its wineries, green rolling hills and lower cost of living.
How to Apply
Only applicants who apply via the online application form will be considered.