About the Organisation
Australian Christian College (ACC) is a protestant non-denominational, Christian Education organisation, whose mission is to develop each and every student to be equipped spiritually, academically, socially and physically to flourish into their full potential, and be a positive influence on the world around them. ACC is wholeheartedly committed to excellence in education so that students are “well known, well loved, and well taught” by dedicated trained Christian staff.
About the role
We are seeking a dedicated and motivated Christian Speech Pathologist to join our Student Services team (maternity leave position). The hours are negotiable between 45.6 to 76 hours per fortnight. The caseload is predominantly within the primary school and supports students with a range of disabilities and difficulties (e.g. ASD, deaf and hard of hearing, cognitive delays, learning difficulties). The position is expected to start in Term 2 (17th April 2023).
- Willing to work within the Christian environment and uphold the Christian ethos and values of the College.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with students with a diverse range of disabilities and difficulties.
- Provide evidence-based individual, small group and whole-class intervention and assessment.
- Work collaboratively with teaching teams to recommend, implement and review a range of adjustments to support the speech and language needs of students.
- Support families to access external funding (e.g. NDIS) and services as required.
- Advocate for student and families needs within school and in the wider community.
- Excellent written communication skills (e.g. reports, regular parent feedback) and verbal communication skills (e.g. discussion of assessment results, recommendations, etc).
- Minimum three years experience.
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology or equivalent postgraduate degree.
- Current Speech Pathology Australia membership and adherence to Professional Development program for continuous ongoing eligibility.
- Current Working with Children Check.
- Be a committed Christian and actively attend a church.
- Salaried, maternity leave position with all school holidays off.
- Flexible working days and hours (e.g. school hours) negotiable.
- On campus childcare and Kindy available.
- Supportive and inclusive team including a psychologist, student liaison officer, chaplain and learning support teachers/ aides.
- PD budget available.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply through the ACC website (via the link below) to be considered for the position.