Secondary English Teachers
About ACC Moreton
Australian Christian College (ACC) is a protestant non-denominational, Christian Education organisation, whose mission is to develop each and every student to be equipped spiritually, academically, socially and physically to flourish into their full potential, and be a positive influence on the world around them. ACC is wholeheartedly committed to excellence in education so that students are “well known, well loved, and well taught” by dedicated trained Christian staff.
ACC is part of Christian Education Ministries, with 11 schools in 5 states, and is also the largest non-government Distance Education provider in Australia.
Our Moreton campus is a co-ed, P-12, Christian school offering on campus education to students in Caboolture and Distance Education to students across Queensland and internationally.
See a video giving insight into the school here.
About the role
We are seeking to appoint Christian English Teachers in our Secondary School. The successful candidates will need to have the capacity to:
- Actively lead the Christian formation of students;
- Actively lead in delivering Pastoral Care from a genuine Christian faith;
- Contribute to an inclusive approach to learning and a cross cultural understanding in our students;
- Develop an approach to education that is biblically grounded, Christ focused, culturally engaging, and academically rigorous. Preference would be given to teachers familiar with an Explicit Instruction model of teaching.
- Teach the prescribed curriculum within a technology-rich learning environment to develop student’s interests, skills and abilities;
- Contribute to the school community by participating in staff meetings, extra-curricular tasks, and liaising with parents where appropriate.
This permanent full time position is to commence Term 1 2023.
- You have a relevant bachelor degree and any other relevant teaching qualifications (i.e. Masters of Education).
- You have at least 2 years teaching experience.
- You are passionate about impacting students’ minds and hearts and for providing a safe, supportive learning environment.
- You are highly relational and committed to a holistic view of teaching and of student welfare.
- You are keen to collaborate with colleagues in developing and implementing teaching and learning programs.
- You have a servant heart and vibrant Christian faith.
- Become a member of a highly supportive team of professionals.
- Be part of a strong community culture.
- Work with well established and resourced teaching programs.
- Deepen your understanding of Christian Education in practice.
- Salary range is $80,000 - $112,000 dependent upon relevant teaching qualifications and experiences.
How to Apply
Only applicants who apply via the link below will be considered: