46hrs per fortnight. Specialising ONLY in literacy and numeracy
Australian Christian College (ACC) is a national brand with ten schools in five states. The ACC school network is the largest non-government distance education provider in Australia.
The school is a co-educational, P-12, Christian school offering on campus education to students in Caboolture and online education to students across Queensland and internationally.
About the role
An opportunity exists to work every morning of the week (46hrs per fortnight) with 5 Prep students who need to revisit their basic literacy and numeracy skills. Due to staff changes, these children are not performing as required and need skill training in a smaller group. The College uses the InitialLit program, but unfamiliarity should not prevent an applicant from applying. The position is until the end of the 2021 school year.
This position is expected to start immediately.
- You have suitable qualifications.
- You possess a capacity and desire to help students in literacy and numeracy at Prep level.
- You’re highly motivated and understand the importance of literacy skills to a child’s first year of school.
- You’re experienced in teaching junior primary.
- You have a servant heart and vibrant Christian faith.
- You will have a dynamic and outgoing personality.
- You will be highly organised with strong student management skills.
- You will be highly empathetic and able to consider the needs of these students while building their skill base.
- You’ll thrive when working collaboratively and when given the opportunity to show initiative.
- You will have a great attention to detail.
- Work with a dedicated Christian team.
- Be part of a faith community that shares regular devotions and prayer.
- Play an active part in growing the school and providing quality Christian education to students in need.
How to Apply
Only applicants who apply via the link below will be considered: