Secondary English/History Teacher - Distance Education
ACC Marsden Park is a K-12, co-educational, Christian school located in North-West Sydney. We are an actively growing school with an exciting future. In 2022, over 800 students will be learning with us on-campus and over 400 students will be learning via our Distance Education program for a total enrolment of 1200 students.
For this reason we’re praying for the right person to come and join our Online Distance Education teaching team. We invite you to consider our College as a place where you will form meaningful relationships and do meaningful work as you live out your faith in spiritual and professional practices.
We would encourage you to learn more about our College to see if you might be a good fit for our vision and culture. In addition to our College website, you can watch an interview with our Principal here and you can learn more about our staff culture by downloading a copy of the ACC Way.
This full-time role is to commence on 17th January 2022.
As a learning community, we have been influenced by:
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown
- Leadership & Self-Deception by the Arbinger Institute
- Classroom Behaviour by Dr Bill Rogers
- Explicit Direct Instruction & Project-Based Learning
- High Tech High in San Diego, USA
- Michaela Community School in London, England
- Teaching Redemptively by Donovan Grahame
- You have suitable qualifications to teach English and History (preferably Ancient History in Stage 6)
- You possess a capacity to contribute to a growing school with a hands-on approach.
- You’re highly motivated.
- You’re confident in the use of technology to support teaching and learning.
- You have a servant heart and vibrant Christian faith.
- You will have a dynamic and outgoing personality.
- You will be highly organised with strong project management skills.
- You will be highly empathetic and able to consider the needs of families while progressing the delivery of service in a timely manner
- You’ll thrive when working collaboratively and when given the opportunity to show initiative.
- You will have a great attention to detail.
- You meet the requirements of any relevant Public Health Order.
- Work with a dedicated Christian team.
- Be part of a faith community that shares regular devotions and prayer.
- Play an active part in growing the school and providing quality Christian education to students in need.
How to Apply
Only applicants who apply via the link below will be considered: