ACC Marsden Park is a K-12, co-educational, Christian school located in North-West Sydney. We are an actively growing school with an exciting future. In 2022, over 800 students will be learning with us on-campus and over 400 students will be learning via our Distance Education program for a total enrolment of 1200 students.
We’re praying for the right staff to come and join our team, and we’re thankful that you would consider our College as a place where you will have meaningful relationships and do meaningful work.
We would encourage you to learn more about our College to see if you might be a good fit for our vision and culture. In addition to our College website, you can watch an interview with our Principal here and you can learn more about our staff culture by downloading a copy of the ACC Way.
This is a part-time role (3 1/2 days or equivalent spread across the week), operating during school term weeks, including two additional weeks (pro-rata) in break time.
This part-time role is to commence on 17th January 2022.
You meet the requirements of any relevant Public Health Order.
As a learning community, we have been influenced by:
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown
- Leadership & Self-Deception by the Arbinger Institute
- Classroom Behaviour by Dr Bill Rogers
- Explicit Direct Instruction & Project-Based Learning
- High Tech High in San Diego, USA
- Michaela Community School in London, England
About the Science Technician Role
- Living out your faith in a Christian school community
- Supporting the delivery of Science lessons through the preparation of science equipment, chemicals and materials
- Providing technical assistance in the operation of a science laboratory
- Assisting with the planning and organisation of a laboratory and field work
- Testing of experiments and demonstrating experiments (with teachers)
- Maintaining a safe and orderly working environment
- Assisting students and staff to access science equipment and to use equipment in a science laboratory where some discretion and judgment are involved;
- Working with your colleagues to actively improve what we are providing
- Meeting your professional obligations, including maintaining professional development and appropriate credentials
- Joining an aspirational school community with a vision for future
- Working with great people
- Deepen your understanding of science curriculum practice
- The salary range is $34,954 - $36,580
How to Apply
During the application process, you will need to upload two files:
- Your resume
- An application letter
In your application letter, please answer the following questions:
- What do you like about working in a science lab?
- How does faith influence your personal and professional life?
- What is your experience in working the science field and/or laboratory work, and what qualities do you see as necessary for this role?
- What other skills or passions do you have that could add value to college life?
Only applications submitted via the College website will be considered.