Head of Secondary
ACC Marsden Park is a K-12, co-educational, Christian school located in North-West Sydney. We are an actively growing school with an exciting future. In 2022, over 800 students will be learning with us on-campus and over 400 students will be learning via our Distance Education program for a total enrolment of 1200 students.
To support the strengthening of a whole school culture and to accommodate the significant and sustained growth of the College, the incumbent Head of Secondary has been appointed to a Whole School role supporting the Principal.
For this reason we’re praying for the right person to come and join our Executive team of educational leaders as Head of Secondary. We invite you to consider our College as a place where you will form meaningful relationships and do meaningful work as you work out your faith in spiritual and professional leadership of the College.
We would encourage you to learn more about our College to see if you might be a good fit for our vision and culture. In addition to our College website, you can watch an interview with our Principal here and you can learn more about our staff culture by downloading a copy of the ACC Way.
This full-time role is to commence on 10th January 2022.
As a learning community, we have been influenced by:
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown
- Leadership & Self-Deception by the Arbinger Institute
- Classroom Behaviour by Dr Bill Rogers
- Explicit Direct Instruction & Project-Based Learning
- High Tech High in San Diego, USA
- Michaela Community School in London, England
- Teaching Redemptively by Donovan Grahame
About the Head of Secondary Role
- Living out your faith in a Christian school community and in the leadership of the Secondary sub-school
- Contribute to the Executive team’s shared responsibility for strengthening culture and practice across the College
- Caring for our students through your own excellent pastoral care and teaching and helping others to do the same
- Leading colleagues to actively improve what we are providing
- Meeting your professional obligations as a NSW Teacher
- Enriching the experience of students in 7-12 through innovative teaching practice and emerging learning technologies (experience with Canvas LMS would be desirable)
- Willingness and ability to add value to the co-curricular life of the College in your area of responsibility, talent, or interest.
- Joining an aspirational school community with a vision for the future
- Working with great people
- Deepening your understanding of Christian Education in practice
- Growing your leadership skills and professional capacity
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please access the application form on the College’s website. You will need to upload two files:
- Your resume
- An application letter
In your application letter, please answer the following questions:
- What do you like about being an educational leader?
- How does faith influence your personal and professional life?
- What experience you believe makes you a strong candidate for the role?
- What has influenced your understanding of Christian Education?
- What other skills or passions do you have that could add value to College life?
Only applications submitted via the link below will be considered.