Head of Secondary
Australian Christian College (ACC) is a protestant non-denominational, Christian Education organisation, whose mission is to develop each and every student to be equipped spiritually, academically, socially and physically to flourish into their full potential, and be a positive influence on the world around them. ACC is wholeheartedly committed to excellence in education so that students are “well known, well loved, and well taught” by dedicated trained Christian staff.
ACC is part of Christian Education Ministries, with 11 schools in 5 states, and is also the largest non-government Distance Education provider in Australia.
About ACC Marsden Park
The College is located in the thriving North West growth corridor of Sydney in a semi-rural setting and is experiencing sustained growth. The area has been targeted for fast-tracked development and the school has an exciting strategic plan in place.
ACC Marsden Park is a K-12, co-educational, Christian school located in North-West Sydney. We are an actively growing school with an exciting future. In 2023, over 1000 students will be learning with us on-campus and over 600 students will be learning via our Distance Education program for a total enrolment of 1600 students.
To support the strengthening of a whole school culture and to accommodate the significant and sustained growth of the College, the incumbent Head of Secondary has been appointed to a Whole School role supporting the Principal.
For this reason we’re praying for the right person to come and join our Executive team of educational leaders as Head of Secondary. We invite you to consider our College as a place where you will form meaningful relationships and do meaningful work as you work out your faith in spiritual and professional leadership of the College.
We would encourage you to learn more about our College to see if you might be a good fit for our vision and culture (see video). In addition to our College website, you can learn more about our staff culture by downloading a copy of the ACC Way and watch a recorded interview with our Principal (below).
Episode 1 - Introducing Brendan Corr & ACC Marsden Park
Episode 2 - The 2022 Update
As a learning community, we have been influenced by:
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown
- Leadership & Self-Deception by the Arbinger Institute
- Classroom Behaviour by Dr Bill Rogers
- Explicit Direct Instruction & Project-Based Learning
- High Tech High in San Diego, USA
- Michaela Community School in London, England
About the Head of Secondary role
- Living out your faith in a Christian school community and in the leadership of the Secondary sub-school
- Contribute to the Executive team’s shared responsibility for strengthening culture and practice across the College
- Caring for our students through your own excellent pastoral care and teaching and helping others to do the same
- Leading colleagues to actively improve what we are providing
- Meeting your professional obligations as a NSW Teacher
- Enriching the experience of students in 7-12 through innovative teaching practice and emerging learning technologies (experience with Canvas LMS would be desirable)
- Willingness and ability to add value to the co-curricular life of the College in your area of responsibility, talent, or interest.
- Joining an aspirational school community with a vision for the future
- Working with great people
- Deepening your understanding of Christian Education in practice
- Growing your leadership skills and professional capacity
How to Apply
In addition to reviewing the interview with the Principal a comprehensive Information Package is available by confidential request via [email protected]
To apply for this position, please access the application form on the College’s website. You will need to upload two files:
- Your resume
- An application letter
In your application letter, please answer the following questions:
- What do you like about being an educational leader?
- How does faith influence your personal and professional life?
- What experience do you believe makes you a strong candidate for the role?
- What has influenced your understanding of Christian Education?
- What other skills or passions do you have that could add value to College life?
Only applications submitted via the College website will be considered: