Distance Education Primary Teacher (Maternity Leave Cover)
ACC Marsden Park is a K-12, co-educational, Christian school located in North-West Sydney. We are an actively growing school with an exciting future. In 2022, over 800 students will be learning with us on-campus and over 500 students will be learning via our online Distance Education program for a total enrolment of 1300 students.
For this reason we’re praying for the right person to come and join our team. We invite you to consider our College as a place where you will form meaningful relationships and do meaningful work as you live out your faith in spiritual and professional practice.
We would encourage you to learn more about our College to see if you might be a good fit for our vision and culture. In addition to our College website, you can watch an interview with our Principal here and you can learn more about our staff culture by downloading a copy of the ACC Way.
As a learning community, we have been influenced by:
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown
- Leadership & Self-Deception by the Arbinger Institute
- Classroom Behaviour by Dr Bill Rogers
- Explicit Direct Instruction & Project-Based Learning
- High Tech High in San Diego, USA
- Michaela Community School in London, England
- Teaching Redemptively by Donovan Grahame
About the Opportunity
An opportunity exists for a committed Christian teacher to work in a team of Christian teachers supporting the learning of our Distance Education students. While the students learn remotely and asynchronously, the team of Distance Education teachers operates from our Marsden Park campus as a part of the larger College staff team.
This maternity leave cover part-time (0.6FTE) position is to commence as soon as possible.
- You have suitable qualifications.
- You possess a capacity to engage with students using technology.
- You’re highly motivated and able to teach and care for individual students.
- You’re confident in the use of technology.
- You have a servant heart and vibrant Christian faith.
- You will be highly organised with strong project management skills.
- You will be highly empathetic and able to consider the needs of families while progressing the delivery of service in a timely manner
- You’ll thrive when working collaboratively and when given the opportunity to show initiative.
- You will have a great attention to detail.
- Work with a dedicated Christian team.
- Be part of a faith community that shares regular devotions and prayer.
- Play an active part in growing the school and providing quality Christian education to students in need.
How to Apply
Only applicants who apply via the link below will be considered: