Bus Service Coordinator
Australian Christian College (ACC) is a national brand with twelve schools in five states.
ACC is a not-for-profit, non-denominational, Christian Education organisation whose mission is to develop each and every student to be equipped spiritually, academically, socially and physically to flourish into their full potential, and be a positive influence on the world around them.
The Marsden Park College is located in the thriving North West growth corridor of Sydney in a semi-rural setting and is experiencing significant and sustained growth. The area has been targeted for fast-tracked development and the school has an exciting strategic plan in place.
We would encourage you to learn more about our College to see if you might be a good fit for our vision and culture. In addition to our College website, you can watch an interview with our Principal here, and you can learn more about our staff culture by downloading a copy of the ACC Way.
This position is expected to start immediately.
About the role
The College is currently operating 9 bus services for students across the Western & North West regions of Sydney , consisting of a mixture of College-owned buses and licensed buses from a registered Bus Company.
The Bus Coordinator will oversee the day-to-day coordination of the bus operations through the below duties:
- Oversee the School’s Bus Management System including updating/inputting data as necessary
- Liaise with the School parent community on day-to-day queries surrounding bus routes, including answering queries related to bus services.
- Assist with bus bookings for School excursions.
- Supervise the College employed bus drivers.
- Coordinate bus cleaning, scheduled maintenance and repairs, annual safety inspections, and fuel management.
- Liaise with external bus providers.
- Oversee all regulatory and statutory requirements with bus operations.
- Manage the annual updating of bus routes and additional student users
- Be a committed Christian living consistently with a Biblical Christian lifestyle.
- Have a positive and friendly demeanour with the ability to be consistent with policy and procedure..
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated capacity to work well in a team environment, take direction well, work toward agreed goals, communicate effectively with fellow staff and students, and form positive relations in the workplace.
- Strong time management and organisation skills, works well under pressure and be able to respond rapidly to change.
- Be physically fit so as to meet demands of some light lifting.
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out safe working practices and have a demonstrated knowledge of OH&S procedures and practices.
- Skill and knowledge of technology, including the use of spreadsheets, communication and management software.
- Current Driver’s License. (MR license is preferable but not essential)
- Current Working with Children’s Check.
- Current National Police Check
- Working in an established school community with friendly staff and parents.
- Strong support from an enthusiastic and committed community of colleagues.
How to Apply
Only applicants who apply via the link below will be considered: