Primary School Teacher
About ACC Hume
Australian Christian College (ACC) is a non-denominational, Christian Education organisation, whose mission is to develop each and every student to be equipped spiritually, academically, socially and physically to flourish into their full potential, and be a positive influence on the world around them. ACC is wholeheartedly committed to excellence in education so that students are “well known, well loved, and well taught” by dedicated trained Christian staff.
ACC is part of Christian Education Ministries, with 11 schools in 5 states, and is also the largest non-government Distance Education provider in Australia.
ACC Hume, is located at Benalla (2hrs north of Melbourne), and is a P-8, co-ed, Christian school with an onsite Early Learning Centre. Secondary year groups are being added each year until P-12 is catered for.
About the role
An opportunity exists to work as a Primary Teacher in a committed Christian team.
This full-time position is expected to start 2023.
- You are currently registered with the Victorian Institute of Teaching
- You have a servant heart and vibrant Christian faith
- You have suitable qualifications and experience in developing the hearts and minds of 6-12 year olds;
- You are familiar with teaching multi-age classes;
- You have strong interpersonal and influencing skills, enabling harmonious and positive relationships;
- You have strong communication, organisation and time management skills;
- You’re highly motivated and able to build a protective, loving and caring classroom community where every student succeeds;
- You have a servant heart and vibrant Christian faith;
- You are highly organised with an attention to detail;
- You are highly empathetic and able to consider the needs of children and families;
- You thrive when working collaboratively and when given the opportunity to show initiative;
- You possess a capacity to work in a growing school with a focus on skill development and problem solving;
- You’re able to incorporate digital technology into effective teaching and learning;
- Working with a dedicated Christian team;
- Being part of a faith community that shares regular devotions and prayer;.
- Playing an active part in growing the school and providing quality Christian education to students in need;
- Working with dedicated professionals who are committed to a high standard of education;
- A well established and effective discipline system;
- Collegial collaboration;
- Strong pastoral care structure;
- Supportive professional development opportunities;
- Growing a range of co-curricular opportunities to connect with the community.
How to Apply
Only applicants who apply via the link below will be considered: