Head of Secondary
About ACC Hume
Australian Christian College (ACC) is a protestant non-denominational, Christian Education organisation, whose mission is to develop each and every student to be equipped spiritually, academically, socially and physically to flourish into their full potential, and be a positive influence on the world around them. ACC is wholeheartedly committed to excellence in education so that students are “well known, well loved, and well taught” by dedicated trained Christian staff.
ACC is part of Christian Education Ministries, with 12 schools in 5 states, and is also the largest non-government Distance Education provider in Australia.
ACC Hume, is located at Benalla (2hrs north of Melbourne), and is a P-9, co-ed, Christian school with an onsite Early Learning Centre. Secondary year groups are being added each year until P-12 is catered for by 2026. The school is in the middle of an exciting period of growth and development.
See a video giving insight into the school here.
Statement of Commitment to Child Safety
ACC Hume Ltd is a child safe organisation which welcomes all children, young people and their families. We are committed to providing environments where our students are safe and feel safe, where their participation is valued, their views respected, and their voices are heard about decisions that affect their lives. Our child safe policies, strategies and practices are inclusive of the needs of all children and students. We have no tolerance for child abuse and take proactive steps to identify and manage any risks of harm to students in our school environments.
As a part of your application, you must read and support the Child Safety & Wellbeing Policy and the Child Safety Code of Conduct. These documents are also available here.
About the role
We are seeking a committed Christian educator with leadership experience in Secondary school. You will:
- Be a committed Christian, comfortable with sharing your faith
- Have had some leadership experience with demonstrated successful outcomes
- Have a heart for, and experience in, pastoral care
- Be committed to improving student academic outcomes
- Have high expectations for what students are capable of, both academically and behaviourally
- Relate well to staff, students and parents. You are able to lead a team of staff, inspire and manage students, and communicate effectively with parents to support a culture of high expectations
- Have a servant heart
- Enjoy still having a limited teaching role
- Have demonstrated excellent organisational skills
- Preferably have experience in Years 10-12
- Teaching load 0.6FTE (open to negotiation)
This full time position will start from Term 1 2024, depending on the successful applicant’s current situation.
- Work within a school leadership and group executive leadership that has a clear Christian vision and a strong Christian culture.
- Attractive salary (including additional allowance for Head duties)
- Play an active part in growing the school and providing quality Christian care to students.
How to Apply
Only applicants who apply via the link below will be considered: