Special Needs Learning Aide
Australian Christian College (ACC) is a protestant non-denominational, Christian Education organisation, whose mission is to develop each and every student to be equipped spiritually, academically, socially and physically to flourish into their full potential, and be a positive influence on the world around them. ACC is wholeheartedly committed to excellence in education so that students are “well known, well loved, and well taught” by dedicated trained Christian staff.
ACC is part of Christian Education Ministries, with 11 schools in 5 states, and is also the largest non-government Distance Education provider in Australia.
Our Hobart campus is a co-ed K-10 school with a reputation for academic progress, character development and student care. This is supported by our approachable staff who are committed to helping students thrive. While the school community is small, the learning culture is strong and the potential to grow is great.
See a video of the Principal giving insight into the school here
About the role
An opportunity exists to work as a Teacher Aide with students requiring targeted programs and explicit direction. You will work within a committed Christian team dedicated to seeing students develop their God given talents. You will be teamed with a teacher who will tailor a learning program specific to the identified needs of the students you are working with. If you are interested in seeing students develop and are committed to work alongside them and the teacher to make it happen then this role is perfect for you.
This part time position (40-52 hours per fortnight) is expected to start 17 October 2022.
- You have suitable qualifications and/or experience.
- You have a current WWVP card.
- You possess a capacity to lead a growing school with a hands-on approach.
- You’re highly motivated and able to contribute to an excellent school culture..
- You’re confident in the use of technology.
- You have a servant heart and vibrant Christian faith.
- You are organised, focused and pay great attention to detail
- You are empathetic and skilled at communicating with teachers, students and families.
- You thrive when working collaboratively and when given the opportunity to show initiative.
- Work with a dedicated Christian team.
- Be part of a faith community that shares regular devotions and prayer.
- Play an active part in growing the school and providing quality Christian education to students in need.
How to Apply
Only applicants who apply via the link below will be considered: