Secondary English & History Teacher
Australian Christian College (ACC) is a national brand with ten schools in five states. The ACC school network is currently experiencing sustained growth in student numbers.
Our Campus in Hilbert is a Christian, co-educational school and currently educates students from Kindergarten to Year 6, extending into Year 7 in 2022, growing each year to eventually offer Kindergarten to Year 12.
Our school is blessed with a spacious and modern campus, set in peaceful and semi-rural surroundings. While the school community is currently small, the learning culture is strong and the potential to grow is great, where every member of the community is well known, well loved and well taught.
About the role
An opportunity exists for a passionate English/HASS teacher to join a committed Christian team of pioneering educators, to lead and inspire students to develop a love for learning English and HASS.
This position is expected to start Term 1 next Year, commencing at FTE 0.6, with the potential to increase as the school grows.
- You have a servant heart and vibrant Christian faith.
- You have suitable secondary qualifications and experience in the English and HASS areas.
- You possess a willingness to lead a growing team into the secondary years.
- You’re highly motivated and able to build a protective, loving and caring classroom community where every student succeeds.
- A dynamic, innovative and Biblical approach to your teaching practice
- You possess a capacity to work in a growing school with a focus on skill development and problem solving.
- You’re able to incorporate digital technology into effective teaching and learning
- You will have highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- You will be highly organised with strong project management skills.
- You will be highly empathetic and able to consider the needs of families while progressing the delivery of service in a timely manner
- You’ll thrive when working collaboratively and when given opportunities to show initiative.
- You have an ability to lead and mentor others
- Working with a dedicated Christian team.
- Being part of a faith community that shares regular devotions and prayer.
- Playing an active part in growing the school and providing quality Christian education to students in need.
- Working with dedicated professionals who are committed to a high standard of education
- Well established and effective discipline system
- Collegial collaboration
- Strong pastoral care structure
- Supportive professional development opportunities
- Growing range of co-curricular opportunities to connect with the community
How to Apply
Only applicants who apply via the link below will be considered: