Secondary Humanities and Social Science (HASS) Teacher
About Darling Downs
Australian Christian College (ACC) is a protestant non-denominational, Christian Education organisation, whose mission is to develop each and every student to be equipped spiritually, academically, socially and physically to flourish into their full potential, and be a positive influence on the world around them. ACC is wholeheartedly committed to excellence in education so that students are “well known, well loved, and well taught” by dedicated trained Christian staff.
ACC is part of Christian Education Ministries, with 12 schools in 5 states, and is also the largest non-government Distance Education provider in Australia.
Our Darling Downs campus in Hilbert is a K-7, co-ed Christian school that is blessed with a spacious and modern campus, set in peaceful and semi-rural surroundings. While the school community is currently small, the learning culture is strong and the potential to grow the school is great. Secondary year groups are being added each year until K-12 is catered for.
We’re praying for the right staff to come and join our team, and we’re thankful that you would consider our College as a place where you will have meaningful relationships and do meaningful work. We would encourage you to learn more about our College to see if you might be a good fit for our vision and culture (see video). In addition to our College website, you can learn more about our staff culture by downloading a copy of the ACC Way.
About the role
If you're looking to bring your experience, skills and capacities to join the educational team of a dynamic school community, then you're invited to consider this exciting opportunity.
The Secondary HASS Teacher is responsible for designing and delivering the 7 to 9 HASS curriculum. The successful applicant will have a diverse skill set, with Digital Technology as a secondary area of expertise being desirable.
This role would suit an experienced educator with aspirations to make a difference in a growing school.
This full time position commences in January 2024.
- You have suitable teaching qualifications and are experienced in teaching HASS in secondary school.
- You are passionate about helping young people thrive in all areas of life.
- You have proven ability to multitask effectively, juggle multiple responsibilities, and stay organised under pressure.
- You have a proactive attitude and the ability to take initiative in leading school activities and programs
- You’re highly motivated and aim to continually improve your teaching abilities.
- You’re confident in the use of technology.
- You have a servant heart and vibrant Christian faith
- Perfect for those looking to build a culture of HASS appreciation within a small, yet growing school.
- Join a faith community that shares regular worship events, devotions and prayer.
- Be part of a growing group of organisations reimagining Christian Education in Australia.
- Opportunity to be creative and explore the latest pedagogical practices without the constraints of bureaucracy.
- An attractive remuneration package which includes annual pay increases and superannuation entitlements.
- Work with a dedicated team as part of a close community.
How to Apply
If you're ready for your next career move and an exciting change, apply now via the link below. Only applicants who apply via the online application form will be considered.