Education Assistant - Special Needs (Part Time)
Australian Christian College (ACC) is a national brand with ten schools in five states. The ACC school network is currently experiencing sustained growth in student numbers.
Our Darling Downs Campus in Hilbert is a K-6, co-ed, Christian school that is blessed with a vibrant and growing campus.
About the role
We are seeking a suitably qualified Education Assistant - Special Needs to join our dynamic team to create and maintain a supportive, inclusive education program to meet the specific needs of the students. The role is dependent on the ongoing enrolment of students with special needs. This position commences 25 January 2021.
- You have a servant heart and vibrant Christian faith.
- You will be able to use your initiative to assist with the preparation and maintenance of an inclusive learning environment.
- You have previous experience working with children with special needs.
- You will be able to work within our ACC community, and to cooperate with fellow staff, parents, guardians and outside agencies to maximise educational options and outcomes for students with identified special needs.
- You are confident in the use of technology.
- You have good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs.
- You have good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in supporting educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- You’ll possess knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students.
How to Apply
Only applicants who apply via the online application form below will be considered.