Australian Christian College (ACC) is a protestant non-denominational, Christian Education organisation, whose mission is to develop each and every student to be equipped spiritually, academically, socially and physically to flourish into their full potential, and be a positive influence on the world around them. ACC is wholeheartedly committed to excellence in education so that students are “well known, well loved, and well taught” by dedicated trained Christian staff.
ACC is part of Christian Education Ministries, with 12 schools in 5 states, and is also the largest non-government Distance Education provider in Australia.
Our Burnie Campus in Tasmania is a K-10, co-ed, Christian school that is blessed with a spacious and modern campus. While the school community is small, the learning culture is strong and the potential to grow the school is great.
See a video of the Principal giving insight into the school here.
About the role
The Administration Officer role is focussed on supporting the Principal and the administrative duties of the school. Duties include:
- Living out your faith in a Christian school community, with an attitude of hospitality, care and excellence;
- Contributing to the holistic care and welfare of students;
- Managing enquiries from students, parents, staff and the general public;
- Managing student attendance and record keeping;
- Performing general administrative tasks, including writing emails, answering phone calls, assisting with school events, and maintaining an attitude of professionalism with members of the school community;
- Managing timely and accurate communication with the school community;
- Providing administrative support to the Principal, including arranging appointments, managing calendars, preparing both confidential and general correspondence, and communicating with key stakeholders;
- The ability to engage with and learn how to use software and systems utilised in school settings, such as Google Suites and a Student Information System (such as Sentral or Salesforce); and,
- Maintaining the highest standards of professionalism, flexibility and the ability to work with colleagues.
This part-time role is expected to start Term 1 2024.
- You have relevant experience in business administration.
- You have excellent administrative skills, including well-developed organisation, planning and time management skills.
- You can demonstrate initiative and discernment, with the ability to identify potential problems and the solutions to deal with them.
- You have an attention to detail.
- You are able to work collaboratively and autonomously.
- You have a willingness to serve, possess an authentic Christian faith and are inspired by our vision for the future.
- You have a valid Working with Children Check and current first aid certification, or the ability to attain prior to commencement.
- Grow in your faith, skills, and experience.
- Join a faith community that shares regular worship events, devotions and prayer.
- Work with a dedicated friendly team as part of a small close community.
How to Apply
Only applicants who apply via the link below will be considered: